JAMRS is proud to announce the launch of the continuously fielding Futures Survey. The purpose of this survey is to gather information about young adults' education and career plans.
In order to accomplish this, we are contacting random samples of young adults ages 16 to 24 from the United States and asking them to complete a survey.
This survey will provide valuable information to public officials and aid in the development of important policy decisions. By understanding young adults' plans and aspirations, public officials can do a better job providing services and allocating resources.
Futures Survey FAQs
- How was I selected to receive the Futures Survey?
Your name and address were drawn randomly from a list of 16 to 24 year olds in the United States.
- I was not sent a survey, but I would be happy to complete one, and I think you should be interested in my opinion.
We randomly selected young adults ages 16 to 24 from all across the Nation to complete the survey in order to ensure we hear from a representative sample of this population in the United States. If we send copies of the survey to people who request a copy, we would skew the selection and make the results less meaningful.
- I am the person listed on the survey materials but can I give the survey to someone else I know who might be more interested?
We would prefer that you complete the survey. This helps ensure that the findings remain representative of all 16 to 24 year olds in the United States. By filling the survey out, you can help us achieve this goal.
- I doubt that you are interested in my opinion, since I am really not certain about my career plans. Should I complete the survey?
Yes, we definitely want to hear from you. It is only by hearing the different opinions and plans of everyone in our sample that we can be sure that our findings reflect what people your age are really thinking and planning.
- I received $2 with my survey. Do I have to return it if I decide not to complete the survey?
No, the $2 is merely a small token to thank you for considering our request. Although we really need to hear your opinion, if you feel you just are not able to participate, please send the blank survey back in the postage paid envelope and keep the $2.
- I received a postcard reminding me to complete the survey but I can't find a copy to complete. Can another one be mailed to me?
Yes, you can request another copy by sending an email to email@example.com.
- I received a survey and have completed it but the return envelope is missing. Can another one be mailed to me?
Yes, you can request another envelope by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or you can just mail your completed survey to:
250 W. Old Wilson Bridge Rd. Suite 340
Worthington, OH 43085
- In the survey, why are responses for "Hispanic, Latino, or Spanish origin" separate from "Race"?
The United States Census Bureau designates Hispanic as an ethnicity, not a race. It is important that we understand how the people who respond to our survey compare with that of the U.S., as tracked by Census. In order to be able to do this, we have to ask our race and ethnicity questions the same way as the Census Bureau.
- Will my privacy be protected?
Yes, your privacy will be safeguarded in accordance with the Privacy Act of 1974 (Public Law 93-579). Only group statistics will be reported. Individual data will not be reported.
- I received a survey but I am not between the ages of 16-24. What should I do?
If you are not between the ages of 16 and 24, please let us know by answering only the first question and returning it in the postage paid envelope.
- I received a survey and I am 16-24 years old, but I would prefer not to participate. What should I do?
Although we would prefer that you help us by taking a few minutes to share your experiences and opinions, we also want to assure you that your participation is voluntary. If for some reason you prefer not to respond, please let us know by returning the blank survey or a note in the postage paid envelope.
- In the survey, why am I being asked to provide my email address? Will I receive unwanted emails from your organization?
We ask for your email address only if you wish to participate in surveys similar to this one in the future. If you provide us with your email, we will only send survey-related materials.
- I received a survey but I have a few questions before I decide to fill it out. Who can I contact?
If you have any questions about the survey items or the process itself, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.